Why Use Zaher Architects
There are lots of good reasons to use an Architect as listed below.
Scientific research has demonstrated that the cost of an architect is rewarded and returned in the construction and final results of a project. In 1999 the CSIRO undertook a study to investigate the factors affecting the impact of poor design or documentation on construction efficiency and costs.
The research concluded that the cost of construction and the time to construct a project are directly influenced by the quality of the construction drawings. Further it indicated that the level of fees paid to the Architect directly affects the quality of the drawings. “Thus a saving that might be achieved by reducing the fees paid to the Architect may be more than offset by higher construction costs and/or longer construction time.” The research above clearly demonstrates that by not hiring an Architect, projects take longer and cost more to build, hence hiring an Architect is cheaper for the overall project costs, plus providing extra considerable benefits.
Architecturally designed homes sell faster and for higher prices
A home that makes the best use of natural light, materials, aspects, space and has been built to the highest possible level of living amenity sells faster and for more money than a home where this effort has not been put in. Maximising outcomes for these things does not happen by chance – they need to be planned and accounted for.
When you walk into an architecturally designed house conceptualised by us you should feel a sense of everything being just right. And people looking to buy your house will feel it to. When a house just feels right, people are prepared to pay more, and they will be ready to make a decision to buy much faster as there will be no feelings of “it’s not quite right”.
We can guide and manage your building project from start to finish
We at Zaher Architects will make your new dream house or renovation a reality. We can help guiding you through the process, bringing your project on budget and on time, save you money and heartache and add value to your investment. Our design solutions are green strategies and environmentally conscious, helping the environment and saving you money on bills.
The process of delivering finished projects involves the creative input of not only the client and us, but also a number of specialist consultants such as a structural engineer, energy and waste consultants and quantity surveyor etc.
Over the years we have identified consultants who share our vision and professional work ethics and we can advise you on their selection.
We understand how to negotiate the Byron Bay Council
In Byron Bay, building approvals can take a long time, with strong environmental policy and a politically active local population.
Zaher Architects have a deep knowledge of the local council’s rules and regulations and are very familiar with the likely stumbling blocks to getting a Byron Bay building project approved quickly, and can help you through this process effortlessly.
At every step of the way we can be there to ensure the project stays on track. At Zaher Architects we offer the full architectural service and for certain projects we are open to only partial architectural services as well.
The four architectural stages are the following:
- The development of your brief
- The development of the sketch design based on your brief
- The development of the initial concept design
- The suggested selection of any required consultants, arranging fee proposals and the consultation and co-ordination with these consultants
- Further discussions with client to go through all developed design issues
- Liaison with council and consultants
- Preparation of drawings for submission to council (includes normal council submission requirements for Development Application. (Council fees paid by client)
- Note; The D A (Development Application) is lodged at the end of this stage
- Preparation of drawings for submission to council (includes normal council submission requirements for Construction Certificate) Council fees paid by client
- Liaison with council
- Construction certificate lodged
- Consultant co-ordination
- Preparation of Contract Documentation (or construction drawings)
- Selection of finishes and fittings
- Further discussions / meeting with client to go through all documents
- Tender issue with the aim of receiving a fixed lump sum construction price
- Advice in the selection of a builder
- Advice in Contract selection and administration of the contract (that is between yourselves and the builder)
- Regular site visits and the convening of relevant site meetings
- Assessment of builder’s progress Claims and issue to client of Certificates for Payment (to the builder)
Our service goes beyond the front door
At Zaher architects, we are also able to provide an extensive interior design service, which is part of our overall architectural scope of works. It is highly common for a client to rely on our design knowledge of materials, furniture, fittings and fixtures in order to maximise the overall finished design, and to merge the exterior and interior spaces flawlessly.
Interior design is much more than carpets, curtains and soft furnishings. Benches, tables, lighting, tiles, bathroom and kitchen appliances and utilities. We can show you how to not only get the most out of your house exterior and interior space, but how to get the most appeal and amenity by how you “finish” your new home.
This is especially crucial with renovations that may result in the interiors no longer complimenting your “new” home.